Thursday, January 22, 2009

How Time Flies

We've been so crazy busy lately, I feel like I'm spinning around in circles some days unable to catch my breath. It's all good though. My family is doing well. The kids are great and my hubby has finally recovered from a cold he's has for the last 5 days. My job is going well. Lots to do, which is great. I have some job security that is comforting in these times. The hubby still has 2 jobs and in this economy, we can't really complain about that.

I can't believe it's the end of January. The whole month has just flown by. The queen's birthday is next week. She's going to be 10! DID YOU HEAR THAT! 10! I have a kid that's hitting the double digits. How did that happen? And somewhere along the way I had 2 more kids. That still amazes me some days.

Not that much new going on. Just life. The Queen and I joined an indoor soccer league. She plays in the under 10 league on Saturdays and I play on a coed team on Friday night. I love soccer and always have. I played as kid up until my freshman year in high school. The queen and the princess played last year. It was so much fun to watch my girls run around the field and it's a great team sport. I am sooo out of shape it's ridiculous. I get my butt kicked every week, but I still love it and can't wait until the next game. The first week I played was the worst. I could barely walk for 2 days. Last week I pulled my quad muscle and that took me a few days to get over. My game tomorrow is at 10:25 pm. Who plays soccer that late? That's my bedtime. Should be interesting. Maybe I'll play better when I'm sleep deprived. Who knows? It's fun and it's a great workout. I'm rediscovering muscles that I forgot I had.



A few weeks back we drove up to the snow. The weather is pretty mild here and you have to drive at least an hour east towards Nevada to find any snow. My Mom's friend has a house with a bunch of property up the hill that we visited. He has a great driveway to sled down and a warm house to go into when they get to cold. The kids were in heaven. Especially the ruler. He would just lay in the fresh powder and eat it. He was totally content with that. he went down the hill in the saucer once or twice, but he mostly just ate the snow. The queen brought her friend "Z". They had a blast. Everyone would just go inside when they got to wet and warm up. We'd throw their clothes in the drier, they have a snack and back out they went. Better than any snow park I've been to. It was a great day.


This is a great video of the queen's friend "Z' coming down the driveway.



My sister was home from college for almost a month. it was so nice to hang out with her. She came over and watched the kids one night. They were so excited. I was watching my Mom's dog for a few days and my sister insisted I take a picture with the girls, the dog and her (the ruler was asleep). It turned out pretty cute.




That's all the excitement I have for now. I'm going to watch Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice. Hope all is well with you and your families. I intend to get back in the habit of reading and commenting on all your blogs. I've been a huge slacker lately and I apologize.

No comments: